EPIC Recovery Program
The EPIC Recovery Program is exclusive to Life Management Center as one of only two facilities in the State of Florida.
It is a 24-month, evidence-based program designed to provide help and services for patients experiencing psychosis. Each situation is approached with respect for the patient and the understanding that recovery is possible. It’s hope for those experiencing delusions, mood changes, decline in self care and withdrawal from others.
- Medical Treatments: Treatment of symptoms with medication to allow therapy to be effective.
- Education: Education for the individual and family on living with the illness.
- Social: Building and renewing confidence to face each day.
EPIC stands for Early Psychosis Intervention & Care.
Psychosis develops in the late teen years or early adulthood. You may be a candidate to participate in the EPIC Recovery Program if you:
- Live in Bay County
- Are between the ages of 16–35
- Have received less than 12 months of treatment for psychosis
Psychosis is a general term used to describe a severe mental condition where a person has lost some contact with reality. We understand that hearing the term may seem overwhelming but with early detection, treatment and a strong support system, recovery is possible.
Some disorders include:
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Brief Psychotic Disorder
- Some Severe Bi-Polar Disorders
- Major Depressive Disorders
Identifying the Symptoms
Determining if a loved one needs professional attention can be difficult. Symptoms may seem minor or insignificant at first and written off as “just a phase”. If you’re concerned your loved one may be experiencing psychosis, common symptoms to look for include:
- Serious Changes in Emotion & Motivation
More depressed or anxious than usual.
- Severe Changes in Thinking & Perception
Difficulty maintaining concentration or expressing that others around them have changed. He or she may also respond to hallucinations by talking to someone that others cannot see or hear.
- Significant Changes in Behavior
Changes in sleep patterns, social interaction, school performance or ability to work.
Those suffering from psychosis usually experience it in episodes. The signs and symptoms vary by each person so the changes in behavior must be considered against that person’s typical patterns.
What does the treatment cost?
All of the EPIC services are FREE and include:
- Patient interventions and treatments
- Psychiatric services
- Medication management
- Assistance with employment and education
- Resiliency training & symptom coping skills
- Family & peer counseling
- Transportation assistance
If interested or to learn more, call 850-522-4485 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.