FACT (Florida Assertive Community Treatment)
FACT is an evidence-based program that provides intensive, community-based treatment, rehabilitation, and support services for adults with severe and persistent mental illness who have not responded well to traditional treatment. Many of those served by FACT have histories of repeated hospitalizations, admissions to state hospitals, multiple emergency room visits, homelessness or incarceration in local jails. Services are provided in a location convenient for the client, including within homes, work sites, jails, hospitals, and community settings.
The goal of the program is to lessen or eliminate the debilitating symptoms of mental illness experienced by individuals in order for them to become productive members of our community.
- Remove individuals from State hospitalization and prevent readmission
- Divert persons from the criminal justice system and prevent incarceration
- Establish employment and improve social role functioning
- Provide for persons to live independently in their communities
- Decrease families’ burden of providing care
To learn more about FACT, please contact us at 850-522-4485.