Life Management Center, in partnership with Big Bend Community Base Care and Department of Children and Families, believes that every child deserves a permanent, loving and stable home. Life Management Center provides adoption services for children ages 0 to 17 in Bay, Calhoun, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson and Washington Counties. Services include:
- Child(ren) assessment
- Recruitment of adoptive parents
- Completion of adoption home studies
- Both pre and post adoptive services
Children that are placed for adoption through the child welfare system often were removed from their biological families due to abuse, abandonment or neglect. The children who are available for adoption are of all ages and are seeking individuals who are committed to making them a part of their forever family. Links below will help you as you begin your journey to adopt.
- Explore adoption and all the children that are available in Florida at the Explore Adoption website.
- Register for Family-Match, a unique data-driven system that matches children in foster care with compatible families. The Selfless Love Foundation and Adoption-Share provide this service free of charge in Florida.
- Looking for children outside of Florida is easier than you think. Get started by visiting the AdoptUSKids website.
The Adoption Process at a Glance
Families that desire to adopt through the child welfare system must apply and be approved as an adoptive placement upon meeting the requirements of the Florida Statutes. The steps in the adoption process are:
- The first step only takes 5 minutes, just fill out our online Inquiry Form.
- Attend Quality Parenting Training classes to learn more about our children and our system. Current schedule of classes.
- Fill out an adoption application
- Work with an Adoption Specialist in the completion of an adoption home study
Support Offered to Our Families
- Adoption subsidy
- Adoption Medicaid
- Legal cost for adoption finalization
- Children that are adopted through child welfare system receive tuition waiver if attending school at a public, vocational or community college in the state of Florida up until the age of 28.
- Tax credit
- Post Adoption Services
Adoption is a lifelong process that requires a commitment by our adoptive families to the adoptee. Life Management Center is dedicated to provide support and guidance to our post adoptive families through education, advocacy, support groups, counseling and referrals. To learn more about Post Adoption Services please contact us at 850-628-6858.