The Visitation Program provides supervised visitation to families in which the children have been adjudicated dependent and placed in foster or relative care and are court ordered to have visits in a supervised setting. Services are provided primarily to families who reside in Bay, Jackson, Washington, and Gulf Counties. There is no cost to the family for this service.
- Families must be referred by Big Bend Community Based Care, the Department of Children and Families, and the Fourteenth or Second Judicial Circuits.
- Children must be eligible for dependency status with the State and cared for by the State, relative, non-relative, or a primary custodial parent.
- Visitors are non-custodial parents who have (or have had) a case plan ordering supervised visitation, or a non-custodial adult that has been responsible for the child’s care and supports the child’s dependency case plan.
- The child must be immediately eligible for a court order for visitation.
- Participation in services is voluntary. The family must express an interest to enter the ‘parent agreement’ and parent coaching plan (if applicable).
- There are no exclusionary criteria based on involvement with the juvenile justice system.
Access to services is through the child’s Dependency Case Manager (DCM) by written referral. For more information, please call us at 850-522-4485.